The ISU Polymer and Food Protection Consortium serves the food and ingredient industry through fundamental and applied research and maintains an active program of knowledge and technology transfer among the academic institution and the partner industries.
- Characterization of polymeric materials for safety and compliance
- Packaging optimization
- Safety and sustainability of polymeric materials used for bottled juices, water and sodas
- Function, design and optimization of case-ready food products
- Material selection and performance
- Increase shelf-life and consumer safety
- Packaging design