We are currently inviting participants for our research study to help us investigate the effects of exercise and depression.
- Learning how one exercise session affects your thoughts and wellbeing
- Learning about your physical activity and sedentary habits and receiving some tips on how to improve them
- FREE Iowa State campus parking
- $60 cash incentive!
Eligible participants must be:
- Men and women, 20-60 years old
- Currently experiencing depressive symptoms OR free from depressive symptoms
- Able to complete a single-bout of 30-minute moderate-intensity exercise
- Diagnosed with no other psychological disorders other than depression or generalized anxiety
Participants will make three visits to our laboratory on Iowa State’s campus during the duration of the study. Each visit will be ~2-3 hours and be separated from each other by at least one week. Participants will wear physical activity monitors, perform a single bout of moderate-intensity exercise, provide blood samples, and complete some questionnaires.
Click here to see if you qualify for our study!
For any other questions, contact us at WellEx@iastate.edu or 515-294-5230.