We have just finished recruitment for our research study to help us investigate the effects of exercise in depression. Many thanks to all who participated!
Benefits of this study included:
- Learning how one exercise session affects your thoughts and wellbeing
- Learning about your physical activity and sedentary habits and receiving some tips on how to improve them
- FREE Iowa State campus parking
- $60 cash incentive!
Eligible participants were:
- Men and women, 20-60 years old
- Currently experiencing depressive symptoms OR free from depressive symptoms
- Able to complete a single-bout of 30-minute moderate-intensity exercise
- Diagnosed with no other psychological disorders other than depression or generalized anxiety
Participants will made three visits to our laboratory on Iowa State’s campus during the duration of the study. Each visit was ~2-3 hours and separated from each other by at least one week. Participants wore physical activity monitors, performed a single bout of moderate-intensity exercise, provided blood samples, and completed some questionnaires.
For any other questions, contact us at WellEx@iastate.edu or 515-294-5230.